We want to thank everyone for submitting such awesome photos for our Summer Cover Contest. While we wish every photo could win, we narrowed down the photos to nine finalists based on the resolution and brightness of the photo, the orientation (vertical photos work best), and whether there was room for the SpinSheet header, footer, and our cover lines. It was such a tough call!
- Voting runs now through July 21.
- You may only vote one time, so make sure to share the contest with family and friends to get more votes for your favorite cover!
- By voting you will be subscribed to our monthly email newsletter.
Even if your photo was not selected as a finalist, we do hope you will still vote for the winning cover. Stay tuned for the August SpinSheet where we will share a selection of runners-up. And you can submit photos to [email protected] anytime for consideration to be used in SpinSheet Magazine. Thank you all for submitting such awesome photos!
Six Tips for Photographers
1. We accept photo submissions all year long. We ALWAYS prefer people pictures, so get your crew together in the cockpit (even if at the dock) and have them smile!
2. Send photos to [email protected] anytime. If there are more than three of them, you may consider using a photo sharing platform such as dropbox or yousendit.
3. For cover photos, we prefer vertical photos. Horizontal ones must be cropped to fit the cover shape.
4. Make sure to leave room at the bottom and at the top for our headers and footers. It’s always best to have a photo that we could crop if need be.
5. People often send us pictures of sunsets and sunrises—and they go out of their way to get the boat (winches or dodgers) out of the photo. It’s actually best to keep some of the boat in the frame to show that you’re on a boat!
6. If you go on vacation, bring SpinSheet along to read on the plane—and don’t forget to take a picture of yourself holding one with a special landmark in the background. We love these photos
For questions please email [email protected]