Here Is How It Works!
- Submit your Chesapeake summer sailing photo now through July 10.
- Vertical photos work best, with room for our header and cover lines.
- Only high-resolution (i.e. not blurry) photos will be considered for the cover.
- Once the submission period has ended, our graphic design team will disqualify any photos that do not meet our printing requirements (any images that are too low of a resolution, are blurry or too dark, if a child was pictured without a lifejacket, and if there was not enough room in the image for our SpinSheet header, footer, and cover lines). We will then let you vote for the winning cover!
- By entering you will be subscribed to our email newsletters, as well as Qunatum Sails and Musto, our sponsors for this contest. You may opt out at any time.
- As of July 11, voting is open! Vote below until 5 p.m. Monday, July 19.
Even if your photo was not selected as a finalist, we do hope you will still vote for the winning cover. Stay tuned for the August SpinSheet where we will share a selection of runners-up.
Six Tips for Photographers
1. We accept photo submissions all year long. We ALWAYS prefer people pictures, so get your crew together in the cockpit (even if at the dock) and have them smile!
2. For cover photos, we prefer vertical photos. Horizontal ones must be cropped to fit the cover shape.
4. Make sure to leave room at the bottom and at the top for our headers and footers. It’s always best to have a photo that we could crop if need be.
5. People often send us pictures of sunsets and sunrises—and they go out of their way to get the boat (winches or dodgers) out of the photo. It’s actually best to keep some of the boat in the frame to show that you’re on a boat!
For questions please email [email protected]